ELI 155X TOEFL Preparation
Instructor: Deborah Healey
|11:00-12:00 Monday and Wednesday or by appointment
Longman Preparation Course for the TOEFL Test: Next Generation iBT (with CD-ROM) by Deborah Phillips
This course is meant to help students improve their scores on the TOEFL by familiarizing them with the test and giving them practice completing TOEFL exercises. The majority of the class focuses on the TOEFL iBT with some practice for the TOEFL paper institutional test that is given at the end of each term at Oregon State University.
By the end of the term, students will be able to:
- Follow the directions given on the various sections of TOEFL tests.
- Identify strong and weak areas in their measured English proficiency.
- Complete TOEFL tasks with improved accuracy.
- Timed reading practice
- Completion of exercises in the TOEFL preparation textbook (during and outside of class)
- Discussion of both correct and incorrect answers to TOEFL exercises
- Completion of sample TOEFL iBT tests (from textbook and/or CD-ROM)
- Completion of sample paper TOEFL test
- Completion of written TOEFL iBT essays (outside of class).
Course requirements and grading
You will receive a grade of S (satisfactory) or U (unsatisfactory) based on your completion of assigned homework and your participation in class. In order to pass this class, you must also attend at least 85% of the classes.
Go back to the 155 Home Page
Deborah Healey's Attic
ELI Home Page
OSU Home Page
Last updated 9 April 2007 by D.Healey