- The phrases to avoid are in bold.
Downlut believes the Brady Bill trespasses on the rights of law-abiding citizens, and is therefore inconsistent with the Constitution, because it imposes a waiting period on exercising the right to own guns. (Bender, 1995: 137)
- Ideas to include:
- This is Downlut's idea.
- The Brady Bill goes against citizens' rights.
- The Brady Bill doesn't fit the Constitution.
- People have a right to own guns.
- People shouldn't have to wait for their rights, such as the right to own a gun.
- Model answer (yours may be different and still be correct!) How did you do?
According to Downlut, people shouldn't have to wait for their rights, including the right to own a gun. Because the Brady Bill makes people wait to own a gun, it goes against citizens' rights and doesn't fit the Constitution.
Last updated 1
December 1996 by D.Healey,